DVProfessionals.com Video Production Community

A network of video production professionals and enthusiasts.

Post your suggestions and tips for motion tracking and or match moving here

Tags: Match, Motion, Moving, Tips, Tracking

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

One thing that I've found is that people think that footage can be tracked easily without the need for specific tracking points. Make sure that you or whoever is providing the footage to you to track has been properly marked. One person who I was helping out asked me if I could add some digital effects to some footage. I responded sure, as long as there are points for me to track. Some of the shots were able to be tracked with no problem, however others were problematic as effects needed to be pinned to an object (person) spinning on the z-axis. I informed the individual about the problem, and I was just told thats fine, I need it tomorrow.

So basically make sure it is marked, and make sure it is marked for the type of motion that needs to be motion tracked or match moved.

RSS

Sign in

Password
 or Sign Up
By signing in, you agree to the amended Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Forgotten your password?

Upload Module

+ Post Videos
+ Upload Photos

========================

Who's Online Now?

Click Here! Members Online Will Scroll By.

Videos

• Add Videos

Resources

Free Stock Footage Clip of the Week

Download Now

(SD and HD formats are available)…

Continue

Created by Joel Holland Aug 30, 2008 at 3:03pm. Last updated by Joel Holland Mar 24, 2010.

Video Editing Tutorials on VideoBlocks.com

Video Blocks (videoblocks.com) has a brand new content section of their website, offering daily video editing tips and tutorials, and free stock footage clips:

Free Stock Footage and Video Editing Tutorials from Video Blocks

The blog articles cover tips for all types of editing systems, from Final Cut Pro to Premier to Vegas, down to Movie Maker and iMovie. Topics…

Continue

Created by Joel Holland Jul 7, 2011 at 1:58am. Last updated by Joel Holland Jul 7, 2011.

Free Stock Footage DVDs

© 2014   Created by Joel Holland.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service